Sunday, March 13, 2011

song of the sea

"The enemy said, ‘I will pursue, I will overtake,
I will divide the spoil, my desire shall have its fill of them.
I will draw my sword; my hand shall destroy them.’
You blew with your wind; the sea covered them;
they sank like lead in the mighty waters.


  
Who is like you, O Lord, among the gods?
Who is like you, majestic in holiness,
awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?
You stretched out your right hand;
the earth swallowed them.
You have led in your steadfast love the people whom you have redeemed;
you have guided them by your strength to your holy abode..
The Lord will reign forever and ever."   [Exodus 15:9-13,18]


In our hearts and on our lips must be a mighty refrain: An affirmation that we will allow God to do the saving and God to do the judging.  A profound assurance that in the end, every knee will bow.  And, finally, an unashamed confession that we are His people, and not our own - that we were placed on this earth to glorify the only true God, to mirror Jesus Christ, to deliver His very good news, and to trust in the Lord with all of our might for the rest!

Come quickly Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment